Illevar Updates

Happy Tuesday to Everyone!

Thanks for tuning in. 

Illevar updates have been slow recently as life continues to move along. I've been more focused on getting my IT Support stuff completed than Illevar. 

That all said, we do have a few updates to share.

Abilities and DEF Updates

I've been working on making the class abilities lists more focused. This will lead to spells feeling more unique and more worthwhile. The biggest changes came to the Elementalist abilities

I also decided to add a Magic Defense (MDEF) along with the regular DEF stat block to the character cards, equipment cards, and monsters. 

As the magical abilities are getting more focused, it has become clear that there needs to be some sort of defense for them that was separate from the physical defense. This will play out similar to Pokemon's Sp.Def and Sp.Atk stats. 

This allowed the spellcasters to have more defenses against other spellcasters and will help balance out the numbers a bit, I hope. 

This new MDEF and DEF stats will allow for more decisions to be made when choosing equipment. 

Each weapon will display its damage type and each armor will show what DEF and MDEF it has. 

While individual NPCs and equipment can give specific elemental/magical protection these generic DEF bonuses are just that, generic. The total bonus should not go that high, but having a little bit seems fine. 

NPC Updates

I have been refining the story and world as well over these past few weeks. The generic fantasy feelings have been slowly eroding away to reveal the industrious, open, and wild nature of Illevar. Several cultists have been trimmed away and one in particular is undoing a massive rewrite. 

I have also been adding in helpful NPCs that may join the characters as they progress through the story. These include a mechanic to repair the base, a robot gardener that was lost to time, and a chain smoking boat captain. I hope to post more about the characters in the upcoming blogpost. 

That's all Folks.

I do wish I was able to work on this game full time, but life doesn't work that way. Instead, I chose to chip away bit-by-bit until my work is good enough to display in full. 

Thanks for reading everyone. 

Comments

Popular Posts