Test Cards Printed and Initial Set Up

Happy Friday Everyone

Spring has come and we finally have some initial playtest items to look at! Although no actual gameplay has occured yet, I am happy to showcase some very rough first looks and initial thoughts on setting up a game. 




Impressions

First impressions on my end: combat looks a little disjointed from the exploration. I knew that going into this project and knew it would also be a little strange. It gives me feelings of playing Pokemon, which is fine for me, but I know that will be a sticking point for enfranchised TRPG players who are used to a more tactical/wargaming feel. 

Depending on how combat feels, tweaking the exploration element of the game might have to happen. 

Second impression on my end: set up, referencing abilities and items, and finding miscellaneous things are easy, quick, and clear (once you know the keywords). Finding what my abilities did took a few simple flicks of cards. 

Testing

I do not have any other initial thoughts at this point in the development cycle until we try out combat and exploration. How to handle some mechanics, manage resources, and more will have to wait until more data has been collected. Numbers will definitely be undergoing some serious changes as the process continues, but that's what makes it fun.

Closing

No matter the outcome of this little passion project of mine, I'm glad I'm invested in it and trying out something new. The entire creative process, the data collecting, the reworkings of plots and characters; all of it has been incredibly enjoyable and fulfilling. 

That's all for today's post. You can always tune in again on Tuesdays and Fridays. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts