Class 2.0 Updates

A Splendid Tuesday to Everyone!

I hope this blog post finds you well. Last weekend, my partner and I received our third COVID-19 vaccination and it kicked our butts. That said, I'm glad to be able to do anything to help improve my chances of surviving.

There is-yet-isn't a whole lot to post about in this blog post. I got all the initial test ability cards for the new classes printed as well as some stats for a fair bit of basic test enemies. We didn't have time, or rather the energy, to get supplies to make them presentable so I'll be posting images of them next week. 

I've also got a new beginning dungeon brewing and we'll be testing that out, hopefully, this coming weekend. I've got another short story up and this one is about a villain that the PCs will most likely have to face (An Honest Day's Work). We've also been doing some reworking of Illevar with updates to the countries, regions, and magic-system that are being typed up on my Milanote and I'm planning, tentatively, on showcasing those around the second Tuesday of June. Like I said, I have stuff done, but I don't have much to show for it yet. 

One thing I do have done are the Class 2.0 (test) cards and we'll be taking a look at those now.

Class 2.0 Cards







So, what are we looking at? Each card has it's class title, the 5 passive skills, class features, proficiencies, HP, and AP. There are no numbers on the cards yet to show the bonuses and that is because we expect them to change as testing progresses. This means I don't have to erase numbers or print new cards each time we make progress.

Updates will be added to the Class Base Google Sheets file.


Lastly, astute reader might have noticed the lack of the Mobster/Merchant class. Since Illevar is a world without deities, it made little sense to have a class that relied on offering money to the Gods as a way to power themselves. While it may not be suitable for this first iteration of Illevar, I plan on using it for an expansion that will take place during a different timeline. 

Don't worry too much about that for now. Just know that we decided to put our capitalism-fueled mages on the backburner. 

That's all for today's post. You can always tune in again next week. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts