Spreadsheets, Balancing, and a Campaign Map

Happy Tuesday to You All!

Not much to comment on since the Saturday surprise post. I do have a few minor updates to show, mostly in spreadsheets again.

Stat Sheet (Base Classes)


We reduced the Starting HP of the classes while upping the AP. The AP system no longer has a recovery mechanic and instead is just the flat amount for the day or until a long rest.

The Total HP and AP will increase after level 3 when the PCs choose their next class. 

Advanced Classes


I still do not have definitive Advanced Classes established yet. I do have a few thoughts about what I would like to have for each of them.

For the Apprentice classes, I am looking into two styles: wild and focused. Wild styles are able to do many different status and other damage effects at once, but it is luck based. Focused styles are able to efficiently apply one status or damage effect, often with stronger results. 

For the Student classes, I am thinking of making them specialized in Elemental or Balanced Magic. Basically going full wizard or healer. There will still be plenty of spells to choose from to customize their charaters.

For the Recruit classes, I have been pondering over defensive and offensive focused builds. Somewhere between Paladins with support abilites and Dark Knights with offensive abilities. 

I want to try narrowing down the advanced classes a bit more before diving headlong into higher level spells and abilities.

Premade Campagin Map/scenario board

I have been slowly updating the campaign map for the game that players can follow to get used to the system before designing their own.

Each of those swaures represents an area that the players will go through to reach the end of the game (level 10). Each depicts the maps, NPCs, story points, and loot that the characters will find. I've provided a sample of what these might hold down below.

Closing

That's about as far as I've gotten since the last post. I've been looking into other games to find commonly used spells and abilities to modify and fit into Illevar, but mostly just doing research. This weekend we will be trying out a mini-adventure/scenario to test out how things feel over longer stretches of playing. The mini-adventure/scenario is being built and will be the focus of Friday's post, so please look forward to it. 
That's all for today's post. You can always tune in again on Tuesdays and Fridays. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts